FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What and where is VetMobile?
- What veterinary services do you provide?
- How much is an in-home vaccination or consultation?
- I have more than one pet. Do you offer discounts?
- How and when can I arrange an appointment?
- What payment options are available?
- What if my pet requires hospitalisation, surgery or more advanced procedures?
- It’s late at night and my pet is sick. What should I do?
- I’ve heard that 3 year vaccines are now available. What vaccines do you use?
- I’m interested in alternative therapies. Do you offer any of these for my pet?
- I’m having a problem with my pet’s behaviour. Can you help?
What and where is VetMobile?
VetMobile is a mobile veterinary service which provides in-home pet vaccinations and consultations, as well as the diagnosis, treatment and management of many common health problems all in the comfort of your pet’s home. Read more about VetMobile and our vet Dr Chris on our About Us page.
VetMobile currently services the suburbs of North and North West Brisbane.
What veterinary services do you provide?
VetMobile is equipped to provide many of the most common veterinary services in your home at a time convenient to you. Some of these include:
- Dog and cat vaccinations
- Annual heartworm prevention injections
- Puppy and kitten starter programs
- Internal and external parasite control
- Annual health checks
- Analysis and discussion of your pet’s history and symptoms
- Complete physical examinations
- Routine diagnostics and pathology
- Management of many common and long-term health problems
- Senior wellness programs
- Arthritis treatment and management
- Acupuncture (by referral)
- Behaviour assessment and modification
- Obesity and weight control programs
- Discount pet products Australia wide. Don’t pay retail price, shop online with us. Guaranteed Delivery and Best Price.
How much is an in-home vaccination or consultation?
Not much more than your regular vet charges, and without the hassle and stress of a trip to the local vet clinic. Please refer to our list of service prices for further information.
I have more than one pet. Do you offer discounts?
Yes. Discounts on consultations and vaccinations are available where more than one pet is seen during the course of a home visit. Refer to our services page for further details on pricing. Breeders and rescue organisations are welcome to call for an individual quote for a litter or multiple pets.
How and when can I arrange an appointment?
Normal appointments times are Mon-Fri 8am-6pm. Weekend consultations can be arranged by prior appointment (with 1-2 days notice). We will do our best to work a vet visit into your busy schedule – if you would like to arrange a visit outside our published hours just ask! Contact us now to arrange an appointment.
What payment options are available?
Payment is required at the time of the consultation. Payment can be made via Cash, Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard) or Debit Card (EFTPOS). Unfortunately we cannot accept AMEX or Diners Club cards.
What if my pet requires hospitalisation, surgery or more advanced procedures?
If your pet requires treatment involving hospitalisation, further diagnostics such as an x-ray or CT scan, or needs to undergo a procedures requiring general anaesthetic (e.g. surgery), they will need to have this done at a veterinary hospital.
We can assist in directing you to an appropriate local vet hospital and help make the arrangements, or you can make the booking yourself. The contact details for a number of North Brisbane veterinary hospitals can be found here.
VetMobile can also arrange for a referral directly to a veterinary specialist where appropriate.
It’s late at night and my pet is sick. What should I do?
VetMobile has extended consulting hours on weekdays. If you call before 6pm Mon-Fri your call will be answered by Dr Chris unless he is consulting or unavailable at the time. If we are unavailable please do not leave a message, but contact a 24 hour vet emergency clinic immediately.
I’ve heard that 3 year vaccines are now available. What vaccines do you use?
We use the latest AVA (Australian Veterinary Association) approved vaccination schedule, which incorporates 3 year vaccines. This does not necessarily mean that your pet only receives a vaccination every 3 years, but it does mean that they will receive fewer vaccinations over the course of their life. Please see our article on triennial vaccinations or contact us to discuss how to best protect your pet.
I’m interested in alternative therapies. Do you offer any of these for my pet?
Yes. Acupuncture can be effective as part of a treatment and management plan for several conditions. We can offer this service by referral.
I’m having a problem with my pet’s behaviour. Can you help?
Yes. We understand how frustrating some behavioural issues can be and how they can affect your relationship with your pet. Contact us to find out how we can help. We can also give you a referral to an animal behaviour expert if a more extensive behaviour modification plan is required.